Saturday, July 16, 2011

Is philosophy really such a touchy subject?

I am very fascinated by psychology and philosophy, but often find it difficult to find others who are open to the subject. This is somewhat frustrating to me because many of my philosophies are related to the human soul and how each one interacts with the other, and how that communication can be used to access anything we want or need in our lives (provided those requests bring no harm to another). My husband is very open to discussion, but we seldom have the time with our busy lives, except perhaps when Morgan Freeman' s "Through the Wormhole" is on the science channel at 10:00 at night, and by then Im too burnt out to discuss it. I try not to come off as sanctimonious when discussing it with friends because one of my biggest morals is that everyone is entitled to believe whatever brings them peace as long as it does not infringe upon the peaceful lives of others. Even still I sense that it makes people uncomfortable, and drives them away reguardless of how clear I make my intent.Is it really that bothersome to hear that kind of talk? I guess I'm just looking for some stimulating philosophical conversation. Just to know that someone else out there "gets it". I believe that I am an old soul, and perhaps I just don't really belong. Maybe I should just make my home my world, become a hermit and give up on talking to people.

No comments:

Post a Comment