Saturday, July 16, 2011

What happens to the tenants when the house is being repossesed?

I have rented my cousins house and not long after moving in i found a letter taped to the door from his bank,i accidently opened it and read if he did not make a payment within 31 days the house would be repossesed,it was $4000 behind in payments,my cousin tells me he has fixed this up and its all good,recently iv recieved 2 letters addressed to him from his bank(he obviously has not changed his address yet) and to protect myself have held them up to a light to see what it says,it says he has to vacate the property in less than 2 weeks as the house is being repossessed.im at a loss of what to do as i would get in a lot of trouble for reading his mail as last time when i opened his mail i got in trouble,i dont think the bank knows he has rented his house out either so im worried they might change the locks and take my belongings as they would think they were his,im not sure on what my rights are here,what happens to me and how long would i have to move if it does sell?I signed a lease with him for 2 years as i was worried this myt happen,stupid me for not trusting my instincs.Iv only been living here 2 months,the last thing i want to do is move

No comments:

Post a Comment